There is 9 km of Bass Gorges du Verdon to visit from our base Nautique to the entrance of Lake Esparron.
- There are dam lachers (hydroelectric plant Quinson), so it takes more time for the return because you are countercurrent. This current is regulated so not dangerous.
- Child and adult lifejacket are available on request. (necessary for children under 10 years old and canoes).
- The animals are allowed in the boats.
- A beach and parking are available for free. Garbage cans are also on site to respect this protected and still wild place.
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed in canoes (proof may be required).
- The water temperature is quite cool (between 14 ° and 17 °) on the edge of Lake Montmeyan-Quinson (due to the dam near the upstream), it warms up with the water and becomes very pleasant for the swimming (up to 28 ° in summer).
Some information about the lower Gorges of verdon
See this page :Quinson water activities and nature in the Verdon
The Gorges du Verdon is also a populated place since prehistoric times, which houses caves and cavities telling the story of ancient people. The museum Quinson traces this story wonderfully.
A lire également :